[Kst] Data Wizard update

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Mar 5 07:59:54 CET 2004

Well, it's amazing how important a well placed "!" is.  The huge slowdowns
were more due to the fact that I had a bug in AsciiSource::fieldList() than
design inefficiencies.  While we could improve performance, I don't think
it's worth the effort right now.  So, I think the data wizard and scalar
dialog are nearly up to shippable quality (data wizard filters are untested
and New Filter... is unimplemented), and along with the plugin feature, I
think we can call this 0.97 on Sunday or Monday.  Does anyone have particular
bugs to fix or important features left to go in?

I also have another idea to help people debug Kst problems.  I'd like to make
a Kst debug window that will dump out the list of data sources available, the
list of data sources loaded, a log of weird errors (such as bad file
structure, object dependency bugs), and other such things.  I think I'll hold
onto this for 0.98, but if anyone has any thoughts, I'm interested in hearing
them.