[Kst] Wizard update, new release

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Mar 4 00:54:35 CET 2004

  The wizard is basically functional in CVS now.  I fixed a bunch of bugs
today and added some more features, and I added fieldList support to the
ascii data source.  The only thing that remains to be fixed is "New
Filter..." button - it's not functional.  We can't ship a new release until
the semantics of "INDEX" are fixed and a new method
KstDataSource::loadFieldList() is created.  I think any reference to "INDEX"
has to be removed from Kst proper and placed into each data source.  Those
sources will provide INDEX if it makes sense.  In some cases, I imagine it
doesn't make sense as an index may already exist in the data.
loadFieldList() will allow us to load the field list of a data source without
slow in CVS.

   Any other comments regarding data sources, INDEX, or the new wizard?  Are
there any other features or fixes we need to put in 0.97?