[Kst] CDF datasource with external lib (more info)

Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Jun 28 17:15:19 CEST 2004

When trying to run the cdf datasource I have started to implement, I get an
error due to a call to an external library which the system does not know how
to resolve.
This is the exact error message I get when trying to load a cdf file in the
datawizard:

ld.so.1: kst: fatal: relocation error:
file /S/KDE/V3.2.1/lib/kde3/kstdata_cdf.so: symbol CDFlib: referenced symbol
not found

It seems the cdf "plugin" is installed and picked up correctly, but I don't
know how to tell it (at compiletime I suppose) where to look for libcdf.so.
It seems plugins are only compiled, not linked... If someone can help, it'll
be nice.

Nicolas

PS: I'm developing and running this on a Solaris box (using gcc and gnu ld),
in case it matters...