[Kst] memory overcommit...

Andrew Walker arwalker at sumusltd.com
Tue Jun 22 20:08:27 CEST 2004

On Linux 2.6 and later the overcommit memory "feature" of Linux can be disabled
via the command "sysctl -w vm.overcommit_memory=2"

This will allow us to recommend that the user do this, and then Kst will be significantly more robust. Thus, I believe that it makes sense for us to institute a policy of checking all memory allocations. Yes, I am aware that Qt does not yet do this, but "features" in their code do not have to be "features" in ours.

Andrew

$0 Web Hosting with up to 120MB web space, 1000 MB Data Transfer
Get It Now At www.doteasy.com