[Kst] Moving forward with HEAD

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Jun 21 23:21:40 CEST 2004

Now that realtime updating is basically functional in HEAD (minus one buglet I
have to track down), I think we should consider releasing a Kst 1.0beta
(Barth, do you think it's "time"? :-) )  Anyhow we need to get people testing
this new code to shake out all the regressions.  I am sure there are still
many lurking...  I have a few TODOs to fix, and there are lots of items I
don't really know much about in the "newview" todo file.  We should clean
those out, move out the non-view-code related items.

Does anyone know of critical bugs or major missing features in HEAD at the
moment?

Finally, I think it's time we declare the oldview branch dead.  There's no
point in working on it anymore now that HEAD is so far along and quite
stable.  We should encourage everyone to update (and I think releasing a
"beta" will help that along).