[Kst] Problems implementing cdf datasource

Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Jun 21 10:38:46 CEST 2004

Hi,

as I announced some time ago, I am trying to implement a cdf datasource for
kst (for more information on the cdf format from NASA's National Space
Science Data Center, see http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cdf/cdf_home.html). I
plan to handle 0-dimensional variables only, i.e. scalar variables for which
there is one data value for each sample (record in cdf terminology) as I
think other variables would not make any sense for the moment.

Looking at the datasource template and ascii examples, I have already
implemented some of the functions, but I can't test them as I get an
"undefined symbol" error when loading a cdf file through the data wizard.
I use the CDFlib(...) routine defined in the C API of the CDF distribution
inside this code, and I don't know how to instruct kst where the cdf library
is at configure/compile time. As I'm not familiar neither with plugins nor
with libtool nor with autotools configuration, I'd appreciate any help on
that.

Best regards,

Nicolas

P.S. : I am using kst-0.97 for my tests, but from the mailing list archives it
seems there have been a lot of changes since then. I hope the datasources API
has not changed too much... and also that version 0.98 will be out shortly to
try out the new features in a convenient way (no CVS acces from work :().