[Kst] Image data type

Theodore Kisner kisner at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 21 23:56:27 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 17:37, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> C) could be a data source converted type...  or do we want a
> KstHealPixArray?

I was planning on creating a datasource that reads the file(s), does the
necessary projection, and populates some kind of "array" structure.

The dimensions of the projection array will be fixed (update-able with a
button/menu option somewhere), so when the user zooms in/out, kst is simply
redrawing portions of the same fixed array in memory.

If the user changes the size of the projection array, this will cause the data
files to be re-projected (slow operation).

In general, for 3D and image stuff, we might want to consider having some kind
of "render" button.  So the user can zoom quickly to a desired view point and
then "re-render" the underlying data at, for example, a higher resolution.

Otherwise our speed is dead for this type of plotting...

just more comments from the peanut gallery :-)

-Ted