[Kst] Re: Can't compile 0.98 on RH9

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Jul 13 03:31:39 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 21:28, Matthew D Truch wrote:
> On the same system, if I configure without the --enable-final, the
> compile works fine.
>
> So I guess this isn't the final version...

   --enable-final is a build system hack that doesn't always work.  It was
created by KDE to make compilation go faster in the past, but lately it's
lost much of it's usefulness.  Actually if you build with KDE 3.2 or higher,
--enable-final will probably work for you since libkstkmdi isn't compiled.
Maybe we'll fix it sometime, but don't think too much of it really.  I prefer
to get bug reports without --enable-final anyway. :-)

Staikos Computing Services Inc.      http://www.staikos.net/