[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/devel-docs

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Jul 7 02:44:08 CEST 2004

On July 6, 2004 12:58, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> > +- setMustUseLines is very confusing - having the checkbox disabled and
> > then +  having only a "Type: "[Combobox] field is not clear
> > +- groupboxes within groupboxes are a styleguide violation
>
> (in PSDdialog) We need a way to visually goup the 'use existing vector'
> options from the 'generate a new vector' options.
> 	-Use a divider?
> 	-Only show the relavent ones and hide the others?

    QWidgetStack is a possibility, but I don't think hiding and showing
different sets of widgets is all that nice here either.  I think just
disabling is the best choice.  No need for the inner group - just align them
and separate them by empty space.

> > +- edit vector where existing vector is selected, file name is filled but
> > the +  field/column field is not filled
>
>   This might be fixed.

  I'll test asap.

> > +        - Need a way to take "INDEX" from a file which doesn't exist
> > as a curve +          yet
>
> The data sources need to return INDEX as one of their fields.  Should this
> happen in the data sources them selves, or in the master class?

   I think it needs to be in each data source plugin because they may be
computed in weird and wonderful ways.  Even if we return the string "INDEX"
in the fieldlist from the parent class, the child will have to implement it.

KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/
Staikos Computing Services Inc.	http://www.staikos.net/