[Kst] Next release, threading branch

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Feb 26 19:33:20 CET 2004

It's time for a new release of Kst.  Does anyone have last minute critical
bugs or important features to get into Kst before I prepare the release?

I'm sure you've seen that there is a new threading branch,
kst_concurrent_branch.  It uses a new approach to threading and I think you
will find that it is much faster.  It is much more prone to deadlock because
the locks are not recursive, but I am sorting them out quickly.  I would
appreciate any feedback with respect to speed and behaviour.  Yes you will
probably see some crashes because not everything is locked properly yet, but
it can be worked out over time.