[Kst] Manpage generation

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 27 20:09:00 CET 2004

Hi,
I've played around a little bit with generating manpages from the DocBook
source. It turned out to be easier than I expected. I've attached the manpage
I generated from the 'Command Line' section - to take a look, drop it
in /some/path/man1 and then "man -M /some/path kst"

Now for the boring technical details:
I grabbed the full DocBook XSL stylesheets, which have a stylesheet for the
generation of manpages. With a little twiddling of the DocBook markup, I got
the attached manpage as output.

Now, the issue is this: ideally, the manpage would be generated at compile
time, in the same way that the HTML is currently generated. The problem is
that the HTML-generating bit of the stylesheets is distributed with KDE, but
the manpage part isn't. I'll take a look at whether it's feasible to include
the manpage stylesheets with KDE, but for now, I'd suggest we just regenerate
the manpage manually before each release.

Thoughts, comments, questions?

Cheers,
Phil