[Kst] Hot paths

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Fri Dec 17 15:42:24 CET 2004

Seems to me: Not a lot...

We could in principle get rid of some ifs at the cost of code size and
complexity:
 -different loop for log and not log (chunk wise XY computation loops with the
'if' outside it)
 -let vectors decide in advance if they have nans, different loop if no nans -
loose another if. (no help in general, but, if some vector sources like data
sources can't ever give nans then we don't have to test.  Or, for, scrolling
data, we could cache past answers)
 -we could cache X1 and Y1.

This is all pretty painful, but could give a 30% speedup in our dreams.
We will see a *much* bigger improvement in most cases by not drawing hidden
tabs.