[Kst] Interesting performance results

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Dec 15 23:54:06 CET 2004

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 17:47, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> How many points in the vectors?  I expect to be >100,000 before curves
> start to dominate (and its processing the curves that matters.)  Otherwise,
> these numbers are consistent with mine.

  I have 25000 points plotted (visible), with points, and points are taking
11-12 times as long as the curve to draw.  In the PSD, with points, there is
no significant change.  I think points are too expensive for dense curves,
and maybe they should be disabled after a certain point.

Plotting curve 0: 92ms
    Without locks: 91ms
           Points: 84ms

Removing points but leaving lines at thickness 2 drops the overall time to
~10-15ms again.

PSD is still impressively fast, even with points enabled.

KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/
Staikos Computing Services Inc.	http://www.staikos.net/