[Kst] Curve drawing time

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Dec 15 18:14:28 CET 2004

Almost all time spent in curve drawing is spent inside the large loop in
drawlines.  The rest is insignificant.  This code is completely undocumented
and uses so many 1/2/3 letter variables it's very hard to dig into.  One
thing I did notice is that it could use statistic optimizations on
conditionals.  There are some multi-case if()s that have the common case
last....  It would be a lot easier to debug this if we could extract the
curve drawing code (as I suggested a while ago with KstCurveDrawer class
hierarchy), and then wrote testcases for it.  Then we could automate
regression testing of drawing too.