[Kst] Untranslated strings in KST

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Dec 2 02:04:52 CET 2004

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 17:39, Federico Zenith wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to point out that some strings are not translatable in Kst.
>
> -INDEX (in all caps, as the field).

   This is taken from a data file.  We can work around this, but we dont' have
a mechanism for it yet.  (We look for this in the data file too....)

> -Titles of most windows from the New Data menu; the New Data menu entries
> themselves are already translated, adding the window titles will not cause
> increase in the .po file's size. In Italian I get titles as "Nuovo Curve"
> which is quite bad grammar and worse capitalising.

   Those are set in the .ui file.  Do we need to reimplement languageChange()
and pass them through i18n there?

> -The default names of objects are not localised ("Auto Name",
> "New_Vector"...)

   This is well known.  It's a design flaw in Kst that we need to sort out
when time permits.  Those are actually sentinel values that we replace later
on.