[Kst] 3 new showstopper bugs

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Aug 13 17:16:06 CEST 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 10:45, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found 3 new bugs this AM that I consider show-stoppers for 0.99
>
> 87125, 87127, 87128
>
> Other than finding new bugs of this type, and fixing these, we shouldn't be
> touching anything without discussing it first.
>
> 0.99 release will be the one used in much of the HFI calibration, so it
> needs to be robust, from a bug point of view.

   I'll work on the deadlocks and locking issues this afternoon, though I
really didn't see them yesterday.  The problem I have right now is that for
some reason filtering 1000 samples with the GSL based filters takes ~5-10
minutes to generate or update, and all the time is spent at 100% cpu inside
GSL.  It's very time consuming.

   Regarding commit policy, let's make sure that we only make commits that
correlate to reported bugs in bugzilla.  Therefore all commit logs should
contain

CCMAIL: xxxxx at bugs.kde.org
or
CCMAIL: xxxxx-done at bugs.kde.org

   This way it's clear what's being done and will definitely speed up code
review.  I'll take care of reverting all non-critical-bug related changes.

(Unfortunately I didn't get to finish my includefile fixes.  They really speed
up compile times since fewer files are opened and merged.  They'll have to
wait until 1.0 now.)