[Kst] Filter plugin...

Andrew Walker arwalker at sumusltd.com
Fri Aug 6 02:44:26 CEST 2004

I think what you're after here are the Butterworth pass filter (high, low, band, and notch) plugins. I
don't believe they're accessibile from the commandline, but they are from the UI. You'll need to install
GSL before building Kst though.

Andrew

====================

On Thursday 05 August 2004 15:54, William Jones wrote:
> Version:           0.82 (using KDE 2.2.2)

   Wow that's old.  Time to upgrade your Kst. :)
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kst.php

> It would be really nice if there was a way to suppress low frequency noise
> (or signal, if one is so lucky) from a data vector.  This would be very
> helpful for visualizing small signals riding on large low frequency noise
> fluctuations. When viewing PSDs of real data, this option would obviate the
> frequent autoscaling problem, in which the interesting part of the spectrum
> is dwarfed by the noise at low frequencies.
>
> A command line option to implement the "Low Frequency Interference"
> subtraction would be very convenient.  The argument of the option could be
> the highpass edge in, say, units of the resolution element, or in Hz (if
> the sample rate is supplied as well).  For instance, the command line of
> this sort
>
> kst -lfi 2 -r 200
>
> would specify the sample rate (200 Hz), and the highpass edge of the filter
> required to overcome the low frequency noise in the data (2 Hz).

   Could this be done with a plugin?  Recent Kst releases support plugins
written in C.  You can't quite reference them from the commandline, but they
should be able to provide this functionality I think.