[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Aug 3 20:33:46 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 14:34, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> On August 3, 2004 02:15 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 August 2004 14:14, Rick Chern wrote:
> > > CVS commit by rchern:
> > >
> > > Use Insert to insert a plot marker at current cursor position
> >
> >   Excellent idea. I think this works much better than using a mouse
> > button, personally.
>
> I concur.  How about 'k' for marKer. ?

  KDE apps have been migrated away from keys like this because it turns out to
be a bit dangerous.  In particular, with focus-under-mouse or similar focus
policy, you can start typing away and suddenly find out you're typing in the
wrong window.  Ironically it was KDE developers who got burned the most by
this.  KMail had "k" for select all, "d" for delete, and I think "e" also did
something similarly clever.  "Insert" is a control key, so it's much safer.
Otherwise, we need to use modifiers to be safe...