[Kst] Mac OS X installation question

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Apr 30 19:44:54 CEST 2004

On Friday 30 April 2004 12:28, David Joiner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I maintain a catalog of resources in computational science and
> computational science education (http://www.shodor.org/refdesk) and am
> in the process of evaluating kst.
>
> 	I was trying to install it on a machine running Mac OS X with an X
> emulator, and am having trouble getting configure to run properly.
>
> 	It is failing to find the Qt libraries (I have Qt 3.2 installed in
> /sw/lib and /sw/include/qt).
>
> 	Do you know how I can tell configure where to find the Qt libraries?

  With configure, you need to use some or all of these:

  --with-qt-dir=DIR       where the root of Qt is installed
  --with-qt-includes=DIR  where the Qt includes are.
  --with-qt-libraries=DIR where the Qt library is installed.

  You also need to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the qt library directory
I believe.  It definitely can be used on OS X.