[Kst] Compilation problems / binary ?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Apr 29 18:25:39 CEST 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 12:15, Alan Aspuru-Guzik wrote:
> I am having compilation problems with kst. I am using a Fedora Core 1
> with all the updates box, and I will post at the end of this message the
> error (which happens at the last, linking stage)
>
> I write to you asking a couple questions:
>
> x By any chance, is there an RPM or SRPM lying around somewhere?

   There are generally, but I'm not sure if 0.97 RPMS or SRPMS were made.
They're done by Matthew Truch normally.

> x Shall I get another version?
> x Is there a fix for this?

   This is not a known problem, and there is no fix I can think of for a
problem that we don't see. :-)

> I am very impressed of what I saw kst do in the web, and I am looking
> forward to using it in my everyday reserach!

   Great!

> Here it goes....
>
> make[4]: Entering directory `/tmp/kst-0.97/kst/kst'

   Can you try running make clean and rebuilding?  You seem to have a problem
with stale objects or miscompilation of sorts.