[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Apr 28 21:21:22 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 14:12, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> addWindow should add a a new window with a KstTopLevelView in it, not a
> test view.  I really want to quit using testview asap, so we can get the
> command line stuff working so I can start making kst2dplot work.
>
> the initialization should create a single KstViewWindow with a topLevelView
> in it.
>
> As soon as this is done, let me know, and I will modify main() to create
> 2dplots in it based on the command line, and then port kstplot to 2dplots
> starting from a good basis...

   Effectively it is a toplevelview already.  It just has the testview layer
in between.  We will need a layer in between anyway because I'm assuming
we'll want something to display information such as datamode coordinates.  I
can make actions for the buttons that are there now, but it's just shuffling
temporary actions that will go away once the objects are working.  I think
what you really need is an accessor in KstViewWindow to get at the
toplevelview.  Then the buttons are just temporary space.  If you really want
them removed, I can remove them now, but I'll need to implement some other
sort of testing mechanism.