[Kst] MDI Modes

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Apr 25 22:04:45 CEST 2004

As you saw from my last commits, Kst is now using KMDI, which means Kst is
horribly broken in HEAD until we switch to using the new view code.  It would
be a huge effort to port the old view code over because it is assumed all
over the place that there is only one view.  Meanwhile, I added some actions
to the settings menu so that everyone can experiment with the different MDI
modes.  We have smoe advantages with childframe mode in that the central
widget is available for us to use as we like.  I'm thinking it might be a
good place to put the data manager even.  Barth mentioned that he liked the
idea of tabbed mode.  Does anyone have strong feelings about this?  Should I
leave it selectable even (with a proper action of course)?

The next trick becomes how to deal with all of our actions and "modes".

KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/
Staikos Computing Services Inc.	http://www.staikos.net/