[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Apr 8 21:23:20 CEST 2004

On April 8, 2004 15:15, George Staikos wrote:
> On April 8, 2004 15:07, Andrew Walker wrote:
> > CVS commit by arwalker:
> >
> > Provide a more efficient way to terminate the update thread
> > Respect the plot update timer value
> >
> > +    QWaitCondition _waitCondition;
>
>   I think this is a very bad idea.  There is a major bug in QWaitCondition
> in Qt that makes it basically not work on Unix (and it only works by
> coincidence on Linux).  I have a patch from Trolltech but I haven't been
> able to test it yet.

  (just to clarify, it's generally fine I think, but QWaitCondition is just
broken so it's going to cause people, especially on Solaris and other Unix,
problems)  I'm wondering if we really want a high resolution timer in the GUI
thread though.  It might interfere with intense graphics operations like
those in layout mode.

KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/
Staikos Computing Services Inc.	http://www.staikos.net/