[Kst] View Code

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Apr 6 23:03:46 CEST 2004

   For anyone interested, the new view code is progressing well and is almost
ready to have the 2d plots code implemented.  (there are still some design
changes I need to make before that can happen)  There is a test view in CVS
which you can enable by adding testview.cpp into the Makefile and defining
KST_TEST_VIEW for kst.cpp.  In layout mode you will see that objects(=plots)
get created, are movable, resizable, and can be "cleaned up".  There is no
user feedback yet, and no checks for validity (it lets you resize to a
negative size).  I will be adding these next.  I also need to fix the
geometry scaling when the parent scales to behave as Kst currently does.

   Regarding the OpenGL issue, it might be possible to tell OpenGL to use the
KstViewWidget and specify clip rects.  The only problem is that it will be
tricky to implement this for multiple instances of plots, which are now a
reality.  It could also be inefficient.  With 2D plots I intend to implement
double buffering and caching to keep things fast.

KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/
Staikos Computing Services Inc.	http://www.staikos.net/