[Kst] Status Update

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Oct 24 01:36:13 CEST 2003

The data source plugin code is quickly stabilizing now, and I hope to remove
kstfile altogether soon.  it's not used anywhere but I haven't finished stdin
reading yet so I don't want to touch it until that is working.  Meanwhile
dirfile, ascii, and indirect data source plugins are complete and work.  I
would appreciate some better dirfile testing, and I have no test data for
"frame" sources at all.  I hope to add a bit of code to the GUI to provide
some feedback ("I found these plugin sources", " I have these sources open at
this time", etc).  I also implemented earlier auto completion for the quick
curves dialog as requested.

The PIO source is not implemented yet, but is next on my hit list along with
stdin reading.  If anyone else wants to implement their own data source, I
would suggest that now is a good time to start hacking at it.  The plugin is
almost entirely finalized, and in most cases only small new things will be
added (nothing major should change).