[Kst] DCOP, Regression, "Commands"

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Nov 5 23:20:14 CET 2003

  I've been fleshing out the regression test a bit to catch some of these
problems that we've encountered recently.  In order to do this, I need to
enhance the DCOP interface somewhat.  This is actually allowing me to
implement some of the requested DCOP interfaces as well.  Anyhow, I'm
starting to notice a pattern here and I think it calls for a new concept in
Kst.  Effectively we have objects (vectors, data objects), plots, and
interfaces to those.  The problem is that we have two interfaces now, dialogs
and DCOP, and effectively those interfaces boil down to methods to execute
"commands" on those objects.  I think we need to consider the idea of
creating a class of "Kst commands" such as "load data vector", "create plot",
etc.  Then we could avoid some of the code duplication that is creeping into
the DCOP interface.  It's basically another refactoring.  Any thoughts?