[Kst] empty vector

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Sat May 24 00:53:51 CEST 2003

It depends:
If we want all inputs to be able to use the empty vector, and we want to be
able to access the empty vector's scalars, etc, then yes, and it should be in
the main vector list.

But I don't think this is what we want.  What we want is for a very few
special cases (curves with error bars, and optional fields in plugins) we
want to be able to acess an 'empty vector', but it should not be in the main
vector list, because usually it is not a useful option.

I suggest that checking for none in the few cases we need to is much cleaner
and easier to deal with (does not propogate weirdness around)....

cbn