[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst

C. Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Sun May 18 22:05:17 CEST 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 10:45 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> +Move the graphing engine into a separate library

Lets talk - but I will think about it.  Right now, KstPlot assumes we have
KstCurves to plot....  KstCurves have KstVectors....   etc...

> +- use signals instead of asking KstDoc to do everything

Are you talking about doc->update() calling everyone elses ->update()?  If so,
this should be easy to do, but does it actually make things easier to
understand?  In particular, will it help us with dependancies? (hmm... it
just might...)

> +- make dialogs more modular - factor common components into new widgets

Yes!

> +- cleanup inheritence of curves/vectors/etc
Yes in general, but what do you mean in particular?

> +- make naming schemes consistent
Yes.

> +- add more accessor methods
What do you mean in particular

> +- use KSharedPtr<> for reference counting instead of internal stuff
OK.

> +- refactor the "list" classes, try to use inheritence mroe

> +- cleanup main()
I've tried, but it has resisted me in the past. It is just dealing with the
command line options, and that tends to be pretty messy with a 'rich' set of
command line options like we have.

> +- cleanup kstdoc and kstapp to make things more modular
I have had a little queasyness about the structure here, but what exactly do
you mean?

Maybe we should get together and talk tuesday.