[Kst] Plugins

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri May 9 17:49:27 CEST 2003

On Friday 09 May 2003 09:36, Marc-Antoine Miville-Deschenes wrote:
> These things do not really exist for now.
> We have to build them. Some functions
> exists but they are at a much higher level
> (like map making). For our purpose I think
> you can build whatever function in C that takes
> a few variables in input and produces
> a vector in output. One of the next steps
> is to build several of these functions
> (like band-pass filtering, curve fitting,
> convolution, correlation, ....).

    Ok I'll make a "demo" plugin as an example.  I have to come up with
something that is compatible with the XML file format.   I'll have something
prepared for Tuesday and we can examine it to see if it will fit with the
different types of plugins that people will want to write.

   Is it acceptable to only implement a subset of that XML format?  That might
make things a bit easier for us.