[Kst] ScalarSelector and VectorSelector

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Jun 26 02:58:52 CEST 2003

  I added two new widgets today, as you might have noticed.  They encapsulate
most of the manipulation required to get vectors and scalars as input in
dialogs.  They have a button associated which allows the user to create new
ones respectively, which is quite handy.  This can be disabled with a simple
call on a case-by-case basis, so if you notice any places that you don't want
this available, either send me a note, or just call
allowNew(Scalars|Vectors)\(false\).

  ScalarSelector has not been implemented everywhere yet.  I'll finish that
one up later tonight or tomorrow.  I will also add support for <none> to
VectorSelector so that it can be used for Error Bars as well.  Things are
becoming nicely compartmentalized now! :)

   With regards to refactoring, there is still more I would like to do.
Operating the dialogs is really too complicated, and I would like to get rid
of combobox indices altogether.  Strings or pointers are more "tangible" I
think.  All the indices are rather confusing and easy to break.