[Ksecretservice-devel] [announce] KSecretsService became operational

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Tue Oct 11 21:28:02 UTC 2011

Hello list,

KSecretsService came to life on my computer.

KDE Wallet Configuration tool has the new "Use KSecretsService
Infrastructure" I already mentioned. It's ticked, so KWAlletManager is
displaying the contents from KSecretsService, via the modified KWallet API.
Wonder how the existing secrets got into KSecretsService? Well, you
should have guessed that by yourself: using the kwl2kss tool! ;-)
Another handy tool is ksecrets, for listing secrets collections.

Stop! Where is the code?
* kdelibs branch ksecretsservice (regularly merged with 4.7 branch)
* playground/ksecretservice
* kwallet branch ksecretsservice (I just merged the master branch with this)

For the moment KWalletManager is rather slow showing secrets from
KSecretsService. I'm now researching this and I'll keep you posted.

The screenshot is here:
*http://tinyurl.com/62gjkvp*

Cheers,

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)