[Ksecretservice-devel] Re: Fwd: Re: [Authentication] Spec review (part 1)

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Sun Mar 6 08:26:50 CET 2011

Hi Valentin,

Valentin Rusu wrote:
>>> We'll keep you posted which types we'll be using to support legacy
> KWallet secrets.
>
> Well, I need these types right now, so here is what I'd define starting
> from here : http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/index.html
>

> Wallet Type -> secret-service type
> ==================================
> binary -> application/octet-stream

fine.

> map -> multipart/secret-map

How about defining an xml-based format and use the mimetype
application/secretmap+xml? I can not imagine how a multipart/secret-map
document would look like. secretmap+xml seems pretty simple and would be
interpretable by other applications as simple xml.

> passwords -> text/plain

fine as well. Do you think we'd need to specify the encoding as well?

> unkown -> application/octet-stream (is this really used?)

No, not really. It's basically just a fallback for "corrupt" wallet files.
It can be treated the same as binary.

Regards
Michael