[Ksecretservice-devel] KWallet/KSecretsService & GIT workflow

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Aug 4 07:51:42 UTC 2011

Hi Valentino,

On Monday, August 01, 2011 17:13:18 Valentin Rusu wrote:
> KSecretsService API is now nearing the finished state. But this would be
> confirmed by starting using it as a KWallet API backend. Naturally, I'll
> do this on my system but I'd like to do it such that:

Very cool :-)

> One more component should be the KWallet backend, an implementation of
> the current KWallet class based on the new "Client API". KWallet code is
> actually spread inside several GIT repositories: kdelibs, kdeutils and
> kde-runtime. I think that I should do a branch named "ksecretsservice"
> inside each of these repositories, then start using the new "Client API"
> and do the switch to the new infrastructure. When this might become
> "showable", I might push these branches to each of thses repositories,
> along with an appropriate announcement to this list.
>
> Any thoughts about this process? How does it fit with current kdelibs
> modularization process?

How would the switch work, is it runtime-choosable, compile-time, or do you
need to change the code from kwallet to ksecretservice, so there's not other
means to go back, short of reverting?

This question does affect how we introduce ksecretservice all over KDE.

Cheer, and thanks for your work on ksecretservice!
--
sebas