[Ksecretservice-devel] KSecretsService : client API review request

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Thu Aug 4 14:38:11 UTC 2011

Hello Olivier,

Thanks for the review!

On 08/03/2011 11:10 AM, Olivier Goffart wrote:

[snip] All suggestions taken into account

> Why are the private class not in the namespace?
They are private so adding them into the namespace is useless in opinion.
> In general, we use QSharedData/QExplicitlySharedDataPointer for the d.
> QSharedPointer is a bit more expensive. But that is an imlementation detail.
Some of my Private classes must be QObjects to enable slots on them.
These are internally used by the QDBusPendingCallWatchers.
QSharedDataPointer require QShareData parent, and that's not a QObject.
Hence, I'm forced to use QSharedPointer instead.
> What i wonder is why is there so many public constructors that take the
> private as argument
Because of the DBus internal stuff. Using private structs in constructor
allow me to hide away things like QDBusPaths.

Cheers,
Valentin