[Ksecretservice-devel] Fwd: Fwd: secretservice clarificaions

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Apr 25 21:19:43 CEST 2011

Hello Stef,

Trying to sort out the problem rose by Alin (see original message
below), I took a look into the gnome-keyring sources and into the spec.

This spec chapter :
http://people.collabora.co.uk/~stefw/secret-service/ch12.html
<http://people.collabora.co.uk/%7Estefw/secret-service/ch12.html>
introduces /org/freedesktop/secrets as a base name for objet paths.

However, base names for the various interfaces is org.freedesktop.Secret
as per
http://people.collabora.co.uk/~stefw/secret-service/ch13.html
<http://people.collabora.co.uk/%7Estefw/secret-service/ch13.html>

Proposal n° 1 : let's stick with the first form of the names update the
spec as per patch n°1 :
- change the names of the interfaces,
- adjust object paths to match /org/freedesktop/secrets.
See patch named
"0002-Naming-scheme-is-now-more-consistant-between-object-.patch".

Next, I took a look into gnome-keyring code and I'd like to submit
another patch named
"0001-Make-naming-scheme-more-consistent-between-paths-and.patch".

If you agree with these, I'll go ahead and apply the same changes to KDE
playground code.

Cheers,
Valentin