[Ksecretservice-devel] Re: using ksecretservice

Alin Marin Elena alinm.elena at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:00:26 CEST 2011

Hi Valentin,

by changing the service name in the source code from
Secret to secrets (main.cpp and the .desktop file)
is there a standard for the service name?
http://people.collabora.co.uk/~stefw/secret-service/
I checked that and does not appear to be

I have managed to get the ksecretservice dialog when I was entering my
password...
unfortunately when I closed the session (logout) ksecretservice crashed and no
passwords were saved.

Alin

On Monday 25 Apr 2011 12:18:10 Valentin Rusu wrote:
> Hello Alin,
>
> First of all, ksecretservice is currently in pre-alpha state. Lots of
> work is yet to be done and hopefully it'll get in an alpha or beta stage
> during the upcoming Randa KDE sprint.
>
> On 04/25/2011 12:03 PM, Alin Marin Elena wrote:
> > however all I get is
> > ** Message: secret service operation failed: The name
> > org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
> >
> > I have the ksecretservice daemon running...
> >
> > I cheked and the dbus service I found offered by ksecretservice is
> > org.freedesktop.Secret
> >
> > do I miss anything?
>
> Can you tell me please how your application tries ton connect to
> ksecretservice? Are you using the client API?
>
> > Alin
>
> Greetings,
> Valentin

I force myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own
taste. -- Marcel Duchamp
 Without Questions there are no Answers!
 Alin Marin ELENA
 Advanced Molecular Simulation Research Laboratory
 School of Physics, University College Dublin
 ----
 Ardionsamblú Móilíneach Saotharlann Taighde
 Scoil na Fisice, An Coláiste Ollscoile, Baile Átha Cliath