[Ksecretservice-devel] Re: Preparing for a quite large commit

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Oct 18 01:09:52 CEST 2010

Valentin Rusu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For ACL handling a new CreateCollectionJob calling path parameter is
> needed - the PeerInfo. This class is initialized by the
> Service::CreateCollection d-bus exposed method with d-bus contextual
> information. This structure needs to be given to all CreateCollectionJobs
> along with the existing parameters (label and locked). So it will finally
> reach the ACL handling job I intend to create.

I just commited the last change related to the ACL handling refactoring.
Here is a quick summary of the canges :
- BackendItem holds now a reference to the containing collection;
- BackendCollection has now isPeerAclAllowed non-virtual method wich
delegates to the protected virtual method doCheckPeerAclAllowed. By default,
all these methods return true, so inheritors do not have any ACL handling by
default. If that is to be changed, simply override doCheckPeerAclAllowed -
I'll do that next days for existing classes. I choose this delegate method
pattern in order to reduce the burden of implementing inheritors as no
virtual methods need to be defined when ACL handling is not needed.

Next days I'll implement the UI jobs and see if that would be acceptable :)

Greetings,
Valentin