[Ksecretservice-devel] ACL handling

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Sun Oct 3 23:47:26 CEST 2010

Hello,

Since our last meeting, last week, I figured out how to get the caller process
PID using the QT4 API, hinted on my way by Havoc Pennington.

Now, that I'm able to get the caller PID, I'm now able to get the calling
process information, such as the cmdline and executable file.

Here is what I'm trying  to implement next :

- when a process opens a session and create a collection, we'll store along in
this collection information about the calling process,

- when a process opens a collection for reading, we can check that it's
executable file (or cmdline ?) is the same before allowing it,

- this behavior should be adjusted by the means of o policy file ; the policy
file should be under the responsibility of the client application (e.g.
Kontact application should install it's policy file it it wants ACL handling).

What do you think about this ?

I also think the service specification should be updated and agreed upon
before going further with the implementation. Where can I found the latest
specification in order to get it updated ? I currently know this location :
http://people.gnome.org/~stefw/secrets/html/index.html

Cheers,
Valentin

IRC : valir