[Kroupware] kolab User ID cannot be found for logging in

Josef Moffett josef.moffett at mauripharm.com
Fri Mar 19 05:33:32 CET 2004

I have a (small?) problem that I couldn't get around.

I installed kolab yesterday using the zfos.org installer. It all installed
very easily and simply - kudos on a very painless install by the way there.
It all works fine with one exception. When setting up a new user I get a
screen ALMOST identical to the one in the documentation, but for the missing
UID. I assumed at first that this was either the first part of the primary
email (non volatile) or the whole email itself. This is not the case though.
I have also tried various other possibilities.

When I set up a maintainer or administrator it does ask me for a UID, and
once this is done, I now can (using this UID) connect. However, of course -
although I am not sure I agree with the logic personally - the maintainer or
administrator cannot have a user account as the Firstname,Lastname,Domain
combination is already taken.

I have looked in the php briefly and seem to see that the uid is based on
the primary email address, but before digging too deep there, wanted to know
if I had a broken install, or version.

I am using kolab version cf-1.0.4 which I downloaded from www.zfos.org
together with all the necessary bits as binaries and ran the obmtool install
sequence.

As I said, it installed fine - really easily - and obviously works as I can
configure it through the web interface, set up users, maintainers,
administrators, addresses, shared folders etc, only cannot use Users UIDs
although can use Maintainers and Administrators UID's (because of the
missing UID information in the web interface).

Cheers

JOE