[Kroupware] double entrys with toltec 1.6.26

Henning Holtschneider hh at holtschneider.com
Sun Mar 14 18:24:09 CET 2004

--On Freitag, 12. März 2004 14:14 +0100 Ronny Bolzendahl
<rbolzendahl at netzkraefte.de> wrote:

> It is serious, indeed, sorry that I have to report the same expirience
> with OLXP and 1.6.26. It just occured. Can't really tell why the entries
> are doubled.
> Settings for the Foldersharing Options:
>  - Lookup
>  - Read
>  - Set seen flag.
>
> The folder was the "Kalender".
>
> It's a really annoying thing, since the entries keep multiplying...

I've got no solution, I just want to let you know that you are not alone
with your problem ;-)

We've had the "dupliactes problem" come up every now and again with various
versions of the Kolab server and the Toltec Connector. Unfortunately, we
haven't been able to reproduce the problem on our test server. It only
occours in our production environment (of course!). Since we have got
several people accessing the same folders, it's hard to tell who messed up
the data and why. I've discussed this with Joon Radley a couple of times
but since we can't really reproduce the problem on demand, we've gotten
used to fire up Holy Spirit's duplicates remover from time to time ;-)

However, duplicates are sometimes (read: often) also being produced when
synchronizing PIM data between Outlook and PalmOS or Qtopia (Sharp Zaurus
etc.) devices. As Martin Konold already pointed out, the problems seems to
be related to the unique IDs Outlook uses to keep track of changes in each
message store object.

Cheers,
hh