[ml_kroupware] Re: [Kroupware] strange message in /var/log/message - ZFOS (kolab-20040217-2.0.0)

Jeffrey Lim jeffrey at eaopportunities.com
Mon Mar 8 04:43:40 CET 2004

Hi, Stephan,

Stephan Buys wrote:

> The userid and mail fields will be set to the same thing. You should set
> the e-mail address field with your full e-mail address, then use your
> e-mail address and password to log in.

I've done that, and tested it out with a telnet to port 143.
Unfortunately, this is what i get...

--------
root at X:/kolab/etc/openldap# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK S Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.3 server ready
1 login test at testing.com pass
1 NO Login failed: authentication failure
^]
telnet>
----------

A similar error also occurs when i try to telnet to and login through
pop3 (port 110).

> To debug this set the following line in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf
> log_level : 4
>
> Then change into /kolab/sbin and execute:
> #./kolabd
>
> Check the output as well as also monitor the output in
> /var/log/messages

thanks for the tip, Stephan. Not too sure what happened, but suddenly
the kolabd is working again (and verified to be at port 9999). My
previous problem with pop3 was also resolved, when i realized that it
was not enabled by default (sorry about that).

Just one more question: assuming the dns mx entry is set already for my
email domain(s), does kolabd (or whichever process) know to parse out
the email domain from the given address, and let postfix know that it is
  authoritative for that domain?

Thanks,
-Jeffrey