[Kroupware] Outlook-Enhancement

Stefan Lang steven at organet.com
Sat Mar 6 11:49:09 CET 2004

Am Freitag, 5. März 2004 21:36 schrieb Ian Reinhart Geiser:

> On Friday 05 March 2004 09:31 am, Stefan Lang wrote:
> > What, if we don't touch Outlook, let it store its calendar information
> > the way it wants, and convert it to vcal on the server.....perhaps "in"
> > kolab!
>
> You are aware that on startup of outlook it asks for over 160 undocumented
> MAPI properties?  You are also aware that simple MAPI wont give you
> anything more than VB can with outlook automation?
>
> Building a transport and message store (yes you will need both) will take
> some time.
>
> Now if you wish to reverse engineer the format... prepare for hours of fun
> with MAPI-Spy =)  Not to dissuade you, but you may want to just check out
> what is all possible first.

That's why I said:"We need some more opinions!"
At the beginning of this thread, "I knew, that I knew nothing!" :-)

Okay! So it would be best (if possible), to let OL store its data as vcal?

Perhaps a workaround could be to let kontact read the tnef-files of OL and let
OL read the kontact-files?
The backdraw is: no write-support in at least one direction (kontact writing
tnef-files)

Stevie