[Kroupware] things not going smoothly

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jan 30 17:43:18 CET 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 09:30, Kenneth Oncinian wrote:
> Although I succesfully installed kolab server and client (I hoped) from
> source, I logged in the web interface, created some 10 users, check the
> checkbox to add the users to the LDAP addressbook but as of now, I am
> experiencing this kinds of problem:
>
> 1. There are no entries whatsoever in contact regarding the addressbook
> of the 10 users. but kaddressbook is configured to use ldap.

KAddressbook should be configured to use the ldap
and as default the imap resource.
It will maintain your personal contacts then.
They will be empty for a fresh account.

You have to hit the search button to search in the ldap.
You can then add the result to your personal contacts.

> 2. I tried to delete a user, and create the same user account again, but
> there is an error which says email account is already used. But the user
> which previously hold the account is already deleted using the web
> interface.

It might take a while until the user is deleted.
If it does not happen, maybe the server processes are not running
correctly.

> Did I install uncorrectly? Do I have to reinstall?

Hard to tell. What version did you try to install anyway.
Were there any error messages?

> Can I manually delete
> the ldap entries? if so how?

Yes, s but it is difficult, see the FAQ.

> Is this kind of problem a known issue?

no.