[Kroupware] Re: About Kolab and plugins

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Fri Jan 23 12:13:23 CET 2004

Am Friday 23 January 2004 11:56 schrieb Jon Bendtsen:
> The toltec connector should work better with outlook
> http://kolab.kde.org/kolab-plugins.html
> Have you considered installing a X11 server, or a vnc on their desktop
> so they
> can run kmail ?

Sorry, but the question is completely out of scope for me. Kolab is designed
to allow disconnected work which is one of my most important criterias.
Working offline is already possible with Kontact resp. with the Kroupware
client.
Your proposed X11 and VNC solutions work online only. When I'm online, then
I can use the web client as well at less costs for hardware, installation,
network load.

In fact, the client situation for Kolab isn't as good as one could think. I
didn't see any progress in Mozilla Calendar or other clients which
discussed possible support for Kolab. Too sad that the Horde based web
frontend is only public available with the limited functionality contained
in the October snapshot. But as I wrote I'm myself using Kontact and this
is a really realiable piece of software for my needs.

Regards,
Andreas