[Kroupware] Some question

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Thu Jan 8 09:38:59 CET 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 09:08, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Thursday 08 January 2004 00:59 schrieb Dick Kniep:
> > > Thekompany makes a program called aethera, which is kmail ported to
> > > windows. Last i heard some months ago, they were 2 weeks from
> > > having kolab support.
> >
> > I have installed this, and tried it with Kolab. Unfortunately, it
> > doesn't work (for me). I run kmail and that one works, so it is not
> > the server installation. If anyone has a working version of aethera,
> > I would be very interested.
>
> This week I've asked about Aethera at theKompany.com and I got the
> following answer directly from Shawn Gordon:
>
> "We're actually just testing right now, we should have the packages
> available next week."
>
> So stay tuned. ;-)

I also tried this - if nothing else, I would love having a client on
Windows that performs better than OL. But I never made it sync with my
kolab server.

If someone does test this, it would be great to get a review here. And not
just about connectivity, since that's just a bit of "supporting kolab".
Does it work with invitations from/to KMail and Outlook? Can it load and
save the format specified by KMails folders? Does the freebusy up- and
downloading work? And so on...

Bo.