[Kroupware] Mail Forwarding Loop

Dirk Zimmer cornies at vd-plus.net
Sat Jan 3 10:15:25 CET 2004

Hello,

Jon Bendtsen wrote:

>> thanks for you reply. Attached you will find the requested files. I'm
>> a little bit of paranoid and so i changed the real-names in the
>> bounce message. If needed I would send the real bounce message to a
>> non public address.
>

> did you also change the domain names?

yes. i changed only the mail-domain of the kolab server to xxx-yyy.de

>> #   local host
>> myhostname = @@@fqhostname@@@
>> mydomain = @@@postfix-mydomain@@@
>> myorigin = $mydomain
>> #myorigin = $myhostname
>> #
>> masquerade_domains = $mydomain
>> masquerade_exceptions = root
>>
>> #   smtp daemon
>> #smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
>> #inet_interfaces = 127.0.0.1
>>
>> #   relaying
>> mynetworks = @@@postfix-mynetworks@@@
>> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain,
>> @@@postfix-mydestination@@@
>

> what are the real value of these variables ?

#   local host
myhostname = mail.xxx.local
mydomain = xxx-yyy.de
myorigin = $mydomain
#myorigin = $myhostname
#
masquerade_domains = $mydomain
masquerade_exceptions = root

#   smtp daemon
#smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
#inet_interfaces = 127.0.0.1

#   relaying
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.10.0/24
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain

"cornies at web.de" sent a mail to "dz at xxx-yyy.de". the bounce message was
sent from the kolab-server to "cornies at web.de".

> what are the content of .forward in the dz user dir?

"dz" is not a user-account on the server. it's only a mail-account in kolab.

there is no alias for "dz at xxx-yyy.de". there is an entry "dz
dz at xxx-yyy.de" in the virtual file.

> what about the alias field in the ldap database?

the e-mail alias for "dz at xxx-yyy.de" is "dz" (figured out in the kolab
web-interface)

Best Regards
Dirk Zimmer