[Kroupware] Rebuilding Postfix Aliases

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Fri Feb 27 12:30:37 CET 2004

The best/cleanest way would be to add an extra hash map for your mailing lists
to main.cf.template.

virtual_maps = hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/virtual, hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/mail_lists

Create the file: /kolab/etc/postfix/mail_lists and add the entries as I mentioned
before.

Execute the following:
#/kolab/sbin/postmap /kolab/etc/postfix/mail_lists
#/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab -v -o

That should do it. This way you seperate the mailing lists from the alias fields.

In the future you can then just edit mail_lists and run:
#/kolab/sbin/postmap /kolab/etc/postfix/mail_lists
#/kolab/sbin/postfix reload

At the moment this is the cleanest way to do a mailing list.

Kind regards,
Stephan