[Kroupware] Toltec Connector problem

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Fri Apr 2 11:18:37 CEST 2004

Hi Henning,

> Can you explain why you are modifying the imap server instead
> of Toltec Connector? From what I remember being discussed on
> this thread, Toltec uses the @ sign as an escape character,
> which is _one way_ of doing it. Can't Toltec Connector just
> use another RFC-compliant escape character?
>
> Please forgive me if this is a stupid question ;-)

The @ sign is RFC-compliant (UTF-7). This is why it was used.

Cyrus introduced virtual domains support and made an assumption that any @
sign in the mailbox name denotes a domain. This is *not* RFC-compliant. The
patch that I worked on, adds two 'else' words to the code that removes this
assumption and the virtual domain support still works. :-)

Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557