[Kroupware] Toltec Connector problem

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Fri Apr 2 09:27:46 CEST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004, Joon Radley wrote:

Carsten,

> You need to disable the virtualdomain option in imapd.conf or download the
> latest version of cyrus imapd from openpkg.

Joon is right. The kolab-20040217-2.0.0 collection of RPMs from ZfOS has
a known problem with the Toltec Connector being unable to create folders
with non-ASCII characters in their name. That matches exactly the
problem description you submitted which calls for "Gelöschte Objekte".
Toltec uses a escape mechanism to map those folders to ASCII. The
machanism declares the @ character being an escape. This conflicts with
the imapd-2.2.3 integrated functionality of virtual domain support also
using the @ character for special purposes.

The previous kolab-1.0.14-20031126 collection of RPMs from ZfOS had
imapd-2.1.16 integrated which had no vendor support for virtual domains.
The package had an option called "with_vhost yes" which added a third
party patch to support virtual domains in a Toltec compatible way.

The kolab-20040217-2.0.0 collection of RPMs from ZfOS relied on
imapd-2.2.3 integrated vendor support for virtual domains which later
turned out to be incompatible with Toltec.

Past OpenPKG 2.0 the imapd-2.2.3 package was modified a couple of times
in an attempt to get the integrated vendor support for virtual domains
compatible with Toltec. The latest solution, contributed by Stephan Buys
resulted in imapd-2.2.3-20040328 which has an option called "with_atvdom
yes" to be used by Kolab/Toltec. So please download this or a later RPM
from OpenPKG [1] and replace it with the one that comes with ZfOS.

Please tell me about your findings as a positive feedback will result in
a updated ZfOS collection.

Find more information be reviewing the following CVS checkins:
http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=15530 (logging issues)
http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=15531 (backout "with ignmad" hack)
http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=15532 (create new "with atvdom")

[1] ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/imapd-2.2.3-20040328.src.rpm

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless