[Kroupware] Re: clean install?

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at ghs.fr
Thu Sep 18 13:19:54 CEST 2003

Andrew McDonald wrote:

> Merci Nicolas,
>
> it wasn't a clean install after all the inetd was running daemons on conflicting ports!
>
> by crashing did the one Outlook w/ Insight Connector just freeze?

It really crashed in (don't remember) DLL, at address (any)...
Another one recently took forever to update the whole list of mails
(20MB of mails over ADSL @ 16KBps in 11 hours... far too much). Insight
connector keeps downloading new copies of each mail multiple times, and
tries to upload them back to the server...

> That's what mine does.
>
> so far I've reinstalled both Outlook and the I. Connector but no luck.
>
> does "recreating the whole Messaging profile" mean a lot of work?

1/2h or 1h if you don't know exactly all the parameters of the profile
(PST file, email account, directory server, check boxes all around, etc.)
I'll redo that for the next Outlook that take forever to download. It
also can't send a message because the outbox is not recognized as the
right place to temporarily store outgoing messages.

I really wonder why I pay for such a crap that doesn't like a simple
login change (login were just "username" in beta, and switched to
"username at domain" in release).

NH